Dr. Severine Orban Modern Foreign Language Assistant Professor
About Dr. Severine Orban
Kathryn Albertson International Center, 204
I teach all levels of French from beginner to advance, as well as literature classes on Belgian Literature, Surrealism (Belgian and French), Survey in French Literature, French Poetry.
I particularly love to teach at the College of Idaho because of its dedication to students. In small classes, I can really get to know my students and their needs while learning a new language. It challenges me to always find the right pedagogical approach that would best help my students.
In addition to being a lover of French language and literature, I have a deep interest in Eastern Philosophies and their impact on French literature. Moreover, the practices of meditation, yoga, and mindfulness have been my best guides so far on my path in education; for this reason, and as a gift to our community, I am now leading a Meditation Circle on campus open to all.
- PhD, French Studies, Louisiana State University
- Master II, French as a Foreign or Secondary Language – FLES, Université de Liège, Belgium
- Education degree, Teaching French Literature and Language, Université de Liège, Belgium
- Licence (Master I), Romance Literatures and Languages, Université de Liège (Belgium)
- Déclamation et Art Dramatique (Theatre studies), Conservatoire Royal de Liège, Belgium