We look forward to getting to know you and showing you what makes The College of Idaho the best place to prepare you for whatever you choose to do in life. Just follow the steps below to get your admission process started:
Visit Us (strongly recommended)
- Your individualized campus visit can include:
- A campus tour
- A meeting with an admission counselor to discuss the application, financial aid and scholarships, and other questions you may have about the college
- Attending a class
- Speaking with a professor
- Meeting with a coach
- Lunch with current students and anything else you want to see or do!
- Schedule your visit online
- The College of Idaho hosts several events throughout the year where you can come learn about The College of Idaho! Register for an event today
- Submit an online application
- Write a personal essay (topics found on application)
- Please submit your high school transcripts.*
- If you have any college credit, please submit your official transcripts.*
- If applying as a transfer student, please submit official transcripts from all institutions attended.
- The College of Idaho has a test-optional admission process. Click here for more information or contact Vice President for Enrollment Management Lorna J. Hunter at [email protected].
- Letter of Recommendation
- Preferably from a teacher, professor or school counselor.
- If you are not currently in high school your recommendation should be from someone outside of your family who can discuss your character and work ethic.
*must be mailed from the issuing school
Scholarships and Financial Aid
- Determine your opportunities for aid.
- Fill out the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
- Beware! You should never pay to apply for the FAFSA or scholarships.
- Fill out The College of Idaho Scholarship Application
- Check with your C of I admission counselor about additional scholarships you might qualify for through The College of Idaho.
- Apply for outside scholarships:
- Meet with your admission counselor to discuss your award letter. (strongly recommended)
- Sign and return your award letter to the Financial Aid Office.
When you’re ready to make C of I your next home!
- Submit $300 enrollment deposit (non-refundable).
- Contact your admission counselor to sign up for a Coyote orientation day.
- Contact your admission counselor to sign up for housing on campus.
- Complete financial aid paperwork:
- Online Loan Counseling and Master Promissory Note for Federal Direct Student Loans
- If selected for verification:
- Fill out the C of I Verification Worksheet, available from the Financial Aid Office by calling 208-459-5380 or by emailing [email protected].
- Submit copies of W-2s (yours and parents if applicable).
- Submit signed copies of Federal Income Tax Returns (yours and parents if applicable).
- Contact the Financial Aid Office if you have any additional questions at 208-459-5380.