Campus Ministries at the C of I
Over 20% of the campus regularly participates in Campus Ministries programs including weekly large group events, mentoring and Bible studies, local and international service trips, internships and leadership development, and community activities.
Nearly equal numbers of students are involved from a variety of Christian denominations, both Protestant and Catholic, and many students are involved who are just exploring faith and spirituality. Our motto is:
- Transforming Lives
- Transforming Friendships
- Transforming College
- Transforming the World
Service and Mission (watch videos)
Students have opportunities to learn through servive during mid-year and summer breaks. Watch a video of past trips here:
2012 Service Opportunities (POTTER'S CLAY)
Students, faculty, staff, alumni and volunteers can learn through service on C of I "Potter's Clay" trips. Group fundraising reduces individual costs through "common bucket" fundraising including letter writing, alumni donations and group work days.
- Saturday November 10: Rake up Caldwell. Contact Baylee Borchers
- FALL BREAK Seattle (Oct 19-Oct 25): Urban / Social justice trip (female only). Approximate cost $200. Group fundraising. Contact Kali Reider
- CHRISTMAS BREAK (Dec 29-Jan5) Ensenada Mexico: support a local orphanage. Approximate Cost $900. Group Fundraising. Contact CJ Watson
- WINTER BREAK HAITI (Feb 2-Feb 10): house building / orphanage trip. Approximate cost $1,600. Group Fundraising. Contact Baylee Borchers
- WINTER BREAK Ecuador (Feb 2-10): Medical trip. Approximate cost $1,900. Group Fundraising. Contact Cindi Duft
- SPRING BREAK Caldwell (Fri Mar 22 -Mon Mar 25): Immersion (off campus) / local service in partnership with City Hall. Cost $40
- weekly and monthly local opportunities: Contact Baylee Borchers for more information.
- summer service: contact Phil Rogers for more information.
Students can receive scholarships for leadership in many areas of Campus Ministries, including musical talent, technical ability (video or sound) and community life development. Scholarships are renewable for up to 4 years. Click here for more information and an application.
Students can explore and develop their gifts for Christian leadership in three ways:
- Servantship: Servantship is our Campus Ministries leadership program. Through Servantship you can discover your gifts for Christian leadership through teaching, community, action and reflection.
- Most positions are voluntary, but some Servantship positions can be paid through our student internship program.
- Christian Leadership Minor (click here): Earn an academic minor in the Professional Studies and Enhancements PEAK to integrate your faith in any future career.
Would you like to know more?
The C of I is a fun, dynamic, interesting place for people of faith.
We foster care for all individuals in the diversity of their beliefs by nurturing a campus society in which multiple faith perspectives can function simultaneously with dialogue and respect. For more information about other faith groups on campus, click here.
If you have questions, or want to find out more, you can email campus minister Phil Rogers at email@example.com or use the links to the right to further explore Campus Ministries at the C of I.