Campus Ministries at the C of I
Over 20% of the campus regularly participates in Campus Ministries programs including weekly large group events, mentoring and Bible studies, local and international service trips, internships and leadership development, and community activities.
Nearly equal numbers of students are involved from a variety of Christian denominations, both Protestant and Catholic, and many students are involved who are just exploring faith and spirituality. Our motto is:
- Transforming Lives
- Transforming Friendships
- Transforming College
- Transforming the World
Service and Mission (watch videos)
Students have opportunities to learn through servive during mid-year and summer breaks. Watch a video of past trips here:
2012 Service Opportunities (POTTER'S CLAY)
Students, faculty, staff, alumni and volunteers can learn through service on C of I "Potter's Clay" trips. Group fundraising reduces individual costs through "common bucket" fundraising including letter writing, alumni donations and group work days.
- Saturday November 23: Rake up Caldwell. Contact Jocelyn Allen
- CHRISTMAS BREAK Ensenada Mexico. Medical / construction / kids - Approximate Cost $900. Group Fundraising. Contact McKensie Stanton
- WINTER BREAK Los Angeles: urban projects / turoring / LA fun. Approximate cost $60. Group Fundraising. Contact Tim Streight
- SPRING BREAK Mexico City: A Catholic-based pilgrimage. Approximate cost $1,000. Group Fundraising. Contact Cindi Duft
- SPRING BREAK Caldwell: Immersion (off campus) / local service in partnership with City Hall. Cost $40
- FIRST WEEK of SUMMER BREAK: Domminican Republic - tentative. contact Phil Rogers for more information.
Students can receive scholarships for leadership in many areas of Campus Ministries, including musical talent, technical ability (video or sound) and community life development. Scholarships are renewable for up to 4 years. Click here for more information and an application.
Students can explore and develop their gifts for Christian leadership in three ways:
- Servantship: Servantship is our Campus Ministries leadership program. Through Servantship you can discover your gifts for Christian leadership through teaching, community, action and reflection.
- Most positions are voluntary, but some Servantship positions can be paid through our student internship program.
- Christian Leadership Minor (click here): Earn an academic minor in the Professional Studies and Enhancements PEAK to integrate your faith in any future career.
Would you like to know more?
The C of I is a fun, dynamic, interesting place for people of faith.
We foster care for all individuals in the diversity of their beliefs by nurturing a campus society in which multiple faith perspectives can function simultaneously with dialogue and respect. For more information about other faith groups on campus, click here.
If you have questions, or want to find out more, you can email campus minister Phil Rogers at email@example.com or use the links to the right to further explore Campus Ministries at the C of I.