Read more about the buildings and facilities noted on The College of Idaho's campus map below.
1. Facilities Department
Built in 1987, the College’s Facilities Department building houses tools, building supplies, heavy equipment, Facilities personnel offices and the College's motor pool.
2. Tennis Courts
The College of Idaho has four hardcourt tennis courts, which are used by the tennis team, students, and the public.
3. Anderson Hall
Constructed in 1956 as a men's residence hall, the 33,960 square foot building has a capacity of 162 occupants. Anderson Hall was reopened in 1985 as a co-ed residence for honors students.
4. Simplot Hall
This residence hall was built in 1948, through the efforts of J.R. Simplot, and has undergone several renovations, most recently in 2008. The 52,712 square foot building can house up to 135 students. The adjoining Simplot Dining Hall has a seating capacity of 350 people.
5. Simplot Dining Hall
The Simplot Dining Hall, the College's main cafeteria, was built in conjunction with the Simplot Residence Hall in 1948, through the efforts of longtime contributor J.R. Simplot. The dining hall has a seating capacity of 350 people and was renovated in 2011, providing a more attractive serving area and enhancements providing for more variety and freshly-made meals.
6. Kathryn Albertson International Center
Built in 1991, the Kathryn Albertson International Center is home to the departments of business and accounting and modern foreign languages.
7. J.A. Albertson Activities Center
The College’s 75,000 square-foot activities center opened in 1991 and is one of the finest small college athletic facilities in the country. It contains a large gymnasium, swimming pool, weight and aerobics rooms, locker areas and offices for 19 men’s and women’s sports competing in the NAIA and USCSA.
8. Blatchley Hall (Rosenthal Gallery of Art)
Blatchley Hall was built in 1910 and donated to the College in 1917. Today Blatchley Hall is listed in the National Register of Historic Places. The Rosenthal Gallery of Art was opened in Blatchley in May 1980 as a permanent home for the College's print collection. The building also houses Special Events and Conference Services staff.
9. Hendren Hall (Office of Admission)
Hendren Hall was originally built in 1958 as the Student Union Building, and was used in that capacity until 1999, when it was remodeled to house the Office of Admission as well as financial aid, residential life, student health services and other support staff. The building is named after the College's 9th president, Robert L. Hendren, Jr.
10. Strahorn Hall
Strahorn Hall was built in 1926 by Robert Strahorn, an officer on the Oregon Short Line Railroad, as a library and memorial to Carrie Adell Strahorn. The exterior of Strahorn Hall was completely constructed of Idaho sandstone at his insistence. Strahorn is now used to house classrooms and many of the faculty offices for the Anthropology and Sociology, English, History, Philosophy and Religion, and Political Economy departments.
11. Centennial Amphitheater
The amphitheater, used for student events, outdoor classes and even weddings, is 120 feet long and 90 feet wide and can seat 300-400 people.
12. William Judson Boone Hall
Constructed in 1968, this building was named for Dr. William Judson Boone, founder and president of the College for 45 years. Renovated in 2010, Boone Hall houses laboratories and classrooms for the College’s chemistry, biology, geology, physics and mathematics students. The hall also is home to the Orma J. Smith Museum of Natural History, Whittenberger Planetarium, Tucker Herbarium and Glen & Ruth Evans Gem and Mineral Collection.
13. Covell Hall
Built in 1941 as a chemistry laboratory and lecture building, it was one of the first buildings added to the campus after the Great Depression. Remodeled in 1971, 1982 and 2000, Covell now houses the College's two main computer labs, education department and the Office of Information Technology.
14. McCain Student Center
The 35,000-square foot McCain Center is The College of Idaho's hub of student activity housing a movie theater, a café, student government offices, Eros Theatre, a reading room, the campus bookstore and an outdoor patio.
15. Symms Athletic Field
Completed in 1983, Symms Athletic Field was named in honor of Doyle and Darwin Symms, two outstanding alumni who were active in sports while attending The College of Idaho. The facility consists of a regulation size softball field, a regulation size soccer field, and a one-third mile jogging trail with exercise stations along the perimeter.
16. Langroise Center for the Performing and Fine Arts
The Gladys and William H. Langroise Center for the Performing and Fine Arts houses the College's music, theater and speech arts, and visual arts departments. The two-story, 54,000 square-foot facility includes a 188-seat music recital hall, a music resource library and computer center, a studio theater, faculty offices and studios, and student practice rooms.
17. Jewett Auditorium and Chapel
Jewett Auditorium was built to house a three manual pipe organ donated by the Jewett family. The interior of the auditorium was designed for acoustical excellence and will seat 900 people for concerts, theatrical performances, lectures and other special events. The building was completed in 1962 with funds from the Presbyterian Synod of Idaho and the Jewett Foundation, and is home to Caldwell Fine Arts.
18. Morrison Quadrangle and Clock Tower
The Velma Morrison Centennial Clock Tower stands at the center of The College of Idaho campus in Morrison Quadrangle. The 34-foot-high tower, built to commemorate the college's 100th birthday in 1991, includes a bell cupola complete with four illuminated clock dials.
19. Finney Hall
Finney Hall was named after Julia Finney, an early teacher at the College. Although it was built in 1910 as a women's residence hall, Finney has also been used as the student clinic, chemistry department and dining hall. With the addition of a third floor in 1960 and a major interior renovation in 1997, the 20,092 square foot building is now co-ed by floor and is an Honor Code residence hall, giving students the ability to tailor College policies to fit the community's needs.
20. N.L. Terteling Library
Opened in 1967, Terteling Library is equipped with an audiovisual lab, music listening room and computer room along with books, periodicals and journals. The library is also a U.S. Government Publications depository.
21. Sterry Hall
Sterry Hall was one of the two original buildings constructed on The College of Idaho’s campus. Built in 1910 as an administration and classroom building, it is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. At one time it had a community center gymnasium on the top floor and offices and classrooms on the other floors. Sterry Hall is currently the College's main administration building.
In 1993, the building underwent major renovation. Today, the building still houses administrative offices and archive collections for C of I, Idaho Governors Phil Batt and Robert Smylie, and Idaho Senator Steve Symms.
22. President’s House
The President’s House is located directly across from the campus on the corner of 20th and Everett. It was built in 1968.
23. Voorhees Hall
Voorhees Hall was built in 1912 as a men's residence hall. The building was renovated in 1997 and is currently a co-educational Honor Code community. The 14,976-square foot hall can house 68 people.
24. Hayman Hall
Built in 1964 as co-educational housing, the 18,540 square foot building was completely renovated in 2009. The residence hall is co-ed by room and features a variety of community living/learning spaces, an extensive kitchen, computer lab and entertainment room for up to 180 students. One floor is reserved for female residents and another provides a dedicated healthy lifestyle option.
25. TEACH Center
The TEACH Center was originally constructed in 1952 as the Child Development Center, the building has since served as the art building, a computer center, home to the College’s education department and the Canyon County School District's technology center.
26. Public & Special Events Parking
Public parking is available on the southern side of the College’s campus at the corner of Indiana Avenue and Oak Street. Those attending events at Langroise Center or Jewett Auditorium may find additional public parking in the lot at the corner of 20th Avenue/College Avenue and Fillmore Street on the northwest side of campus.
27. The Village Apartments
The Village Apartments opened in 2002 and house up to 48 students. The yellow apartment building is affectionately known as "Mustard" while the red apartment building has been dubbed "Ketchup" by C of I students. The Village offers both 2-bedroom and 4-bedroom apartments and come completely furnished with full kitchens, washer and dryer, couch, dining room table and chairs, and a full bathroom. Each bedroom has its own twin bed, desk, and dresser. The apartments provide students with an opportunity for independent living with the convenience of being on campus.
This premier baseball facility, located north of Cleveland Blvd. on Linden St., is home to The College of Idaho Coyote baseball team as well as both the Silverstreaks and Bobcats, Caldwell’s two American Legion baseball squads. See directions to Wolfe Field from the College's campus (via Google Maps).