Skip to main content

Non-Degree Seeking Students

Interested in taking classes at the College of Idaho without pursuing a degree? If so just follow these simple steps and before you know it you'll be sitting in one of our classrooms with our world-class professors and students!

  • Complete the Non-Degree Seeking Student Application and return it to the Registrar's Office.
  • Ask all colleges from which you took courses to send us your official transcript. Transcripts can be mailed, you may hand-deliver an intact and sealed envelope containing your transcript or we can accept electronic transcripts directly from the sending institution. We need a separate transcript from each college you want us to evaluate, even if certain credits are shown on a different college’s transcript.
  • Our scheduled courses may be found on Self-Service. If a course you wish to take is full please contact the assigned instructor to discuss adding you to the roster.
  • Non-degree seeking students may register on the first day of each term. Please contact the Registrar's Office to register for your courses or with any registration questions.
  • Non-degree seeking students are not eligible for federal financial aid or any scholarships from The College of Idaho.
  • If you want to audit a course or otherwise take it not-for-credit please see Auditing and Non-Credit Instruction in the undergraduate catalog.