Skip to main content

For your information

Fall 2021/COVID-19 Updates: The College has returned to full in-person learning with indoor masking required. Read More

Federal Grants

Unlike loans, grants are funds that don't need to be repaid. The College offers federal grants sponsored by the US Department of Education. Grants typically apply to students with financial need or who have earned a particular designation, like military veterans.

Like all federal aid, you must complete a FAFSA before being eligible for these grants. For more information, you can read up on how to apply for grants and loans.

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)

The FSEOG is a grant of $100 to $4,000 per year that's based on your financial need. Each college and university has a set amount of FSEOG funds to distribute, so your award will vary depending on how many other students need assistance and how much. The earlier you apply for aid and complete the FAFSA the better, because FSEOG monies may run out early. The College disburses the grant's fund in fall and spring semesters.

Learn more at the Federal Student Aid website.

Iraq and Afghanistan Service Grant

The Iraq and Afghanistan Service Grant applies to students whose parents were killed in the line of duty while serving in Iraq and Afghanistan after the events of September 11. The grant helps students who don't qualify for the Pell Grant based on their Expected Family Contribution to bridge the gap when paying for college.

Learn more at the Federal Student Aid website.

Federal Pell Grant

The Federal Pell Grant is available to students with demonstrated financial need. Its specific award varies based on your financial need, cost of attendance, and status as a student. For 2017-2018 the maximum Pell Grant award is $5,920 per year.

Learn more at the Federal Student Aid website.

Yellow Ribbon Program

Unlike traditional federal grants, the Yellow Ribbon Program is offered by the US Department of Veteran's Affairs and is an extension of the Post-9/11 GI Bill™. Under certain circumstances veterans eligible for Post-9/11 GI Bill funding may be able to receive additional funding for their college education. Exact requirements depend on your military history. The College is proud to participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program and is one of the schools in Idaho that offer an unlimited number of Yellow Ribbon seats. While our regular admission standards apply to all students, the Yellow Ribbon Program is a special recognition of your service and we hope to see you on campus soon.

Learn more at the VA's Yellow Ribbon website.