The College of Idaho Outdoor Program (CIOP), including Intramural programming, provides students, faculty, staff, and alumni of all abilities and experience levels access to outdoor recreation, outdoor education, and campus recreation opportunities that emphasize skill acquisition, leadership development, team building, environmental awareness, risk management, stewardship, and fun.
About the Outdoor Program
The Outdoor Program, supported by the ASCI (student government), is an outdoor recreation and educational program offering classes, workshops, trips, and outdoor equipment rentals for student recreational use.
Previous experience is not required! Our student-led trips are designed for everyone who has an interest in the outdoors, not just the weathered wilderness explorer. On each trip there are one or more student leaders present who have received training and are experienced in the activity, risk management, and first aid. Some of our activities are more challenging than others and will have pre-trip meetings and instruction, but anyone who is willing to try is encouraged to participate! Each trip is planned and organized to help ensure that everyone enjoys each trip as much as possible.
Please take a look at what we accomplished during 2018-19 School Year and read our Annual Report here.
The Outdoor Program also offers workshops and classes which may consist of instruction in fly fishing, rock climbing, and kayaking. Check out all the scheduled events on the trip calendar page for times and dates. We welcome suggestions to further develop our calendar and offerings.
We also have equipment for rent through the rental shop, located in Winston and Diane Moore Outdoor Program Center in the basement of McCain (across from the mail center) so that everyone at the College may enjoy the outdoors on their own.
Interested in Contributing to the Outdoor Program? We are always accepting donations of lightly used outdoor equipment. For specific program needs, take a look at our Wish List.
2018-2019 Outdoor Program / Intramural Staff
- Yassir Mushir, Trips Coordinator and Trips Leader
- Andrea Rojas Escot, Trip Leader
- Jazmin Nuñez Scolari, Assistant Trip Leader
- Will Gisler, Assistant Trip Leader
- Kyle Heller, Assistant Trip Leader
- Isabella Martin, Volunteer Student Coordinator
- Marharyta Horokhova, Volunteer Student Coordinator
- Kirk Trammell, Intramural Director
- Dipesh Pokharel, Intramural Assistant Director
- Hritik Hrawat, Intramural Assistant Director
- Bailey Clifford, Bike Mechanic/Educator
- Macey Foley, Rental Shop Manager
- Charlie Thornburg, Rental Shop Assistant Manager
- Kenna Jones, Marketing Coordinator
- Dana Randolph, Student Access Coordinator