The College of Idaho offers on-campus housing to all full-time students under 26 years old. Part-time students and students over 26 may live on campus as appropriate space permits. All eligible students are required to live on-campus for their first six semesters at the College.
All full-time students, regardless of living arrangements, are required to purchase some level of dining board plan.
For information about all tuition and fees besides room and board please visit our Cost of Attendance page.
2017-2018 Room Rental Rates
Double & Closet Single Rooms
Double rooms are for two occupants where residents have a roommate. Closet singles are small single-occupancy rooms under 100 square feet.
|Finney, Hayman, Simplot & Voorhees Hall||$4,460|
Single rooms are for one occupant, and residents do not have a roommate.
A single resident living alone in a double room is charged at a slightly higher rate than standard occupancy.
|Finney, Hayman, Simplot & Voorhees Halll||$5,620|
The Village consists of two buildings. Mustard is based on two-bedroom units housing two residents. Ketchup is based on four-bedroom units housing four residents. These prices are per bedroom.
|Village Ketchup Room||$5,500|
|Village Mustard Room||$5,860|
The College owns several rental houses within a block of campus. Houses have varying numbers of bedrooms and different floorplans. All bedrooms are single occupancy.
|Rental House Single Room||$3,825|
This rate includes water, sewer, garbage, electricity and natural gas. Items like internet service, furnishings or a washer and dryer in the house are not included. Rental house residents may use washer and dryers located in the residence halls with permission of a Residence Life staff member.
Hall Improvement Fee
Residence hall and Village apartment residents are charged an additional $60 per year fee to fund programming, amenities like ping-pong tables and water bottle refill stations, and to pay for repair and deep cleaning of shared furniture.
2017-2018 Board Plan Rates
The College of Idaho expects all full-time students to participate in a meal plan. Our food provider, Bon Appetit, supplies us with a wide variety of high quality, fresh and tasty offerings, as well as education about healthy food choices.
Freshmen and sophomores living on campus are required to purchase Plan A, Plan B, Plan C or Plan D each term. Juniors, seniors and students living off campus may choose instead to purchase the Commuter Plan.
Students may add Coyote Cash onto their meal plan or upgrade to a larger meal plan at any point in the year. Meal Plans A, B, C and D can only be downgraded during the first week of Fall term. If a student wishes to change their meal plan after the first week, or is approved by the Non-Academic Petition Committee to change their meal plan after the first week, that change will not take effect until the following term.
- Meal Plan A is for students who plan on eating most of their daily meals in Simplot Cafe. This plan allows 19 meals per week and includes $50 Coyote Cash each term.
- Meal Plan B is for students who plan on eating regularly in Simplot Cafe. This plan allows 14 meals per week and includes $125 Coyote Cash each term.
- Meal Plan C is for students who plan on eating mostly one meal per day in Simplot Cafe. This plan allows 10 meals per week and includes $180 Coyote Cash each term.
- Meal Plan D is for students who plan on eating one meal per day. This plan allows seven meals per week and includes $205 Coyote Cash each term.
- The Commuter Plan is for students who plan to eat few meals on campus. This plan does allows no set meals per week and includes $$$ of Coyote Cash.
|Meal Plan||Meals Per Week||Cost Per Term||Cost Per Year|
Prices include Idaho sales tax of 6.00%.
- Plans A, B, C and D meals reset weekly and do not carry over week to week.
- Additional Coyote Cash can be added to any plan at any time via the YoteCard portal. Checks or cash can be deposited at the Business Office in Hendren Hall.
- Coyote Cash from a meal pan carries over within the same academic year, but not from year-to-year, as long as the student keeps the same meal plan for Spring term. Coyote Cash added to the card via deposit never expires.
- Unused meals and included Coyote Cash expire at the end of the year.