The mission of Health Services is to promote healthy behaviors and lifestyle choices so that academic pursuits and personal development can be optimized. To achieve this mission, Clinical Services for illness and injury, educational outreach including how to use the health care system, wellness coaching, health promotion activities and appropriate referrals are available equally to all students at no cost.
Health Services is located in Hendren Hall, in the Wellness Center, right down from the Business Office. For appointments call (208) 459-5200 or email campus nurse Barbie Vander Boegh at [email protected], Monday-Friday.
For emergencies please call 911 or Campus Safety at (208) 459-5151.
For urgent cases only. For best care, please call or email before you come.
- Assessment, treatment, and referral as needed, for an illness or injury
- Throat culture to screen for strep throat
- Blood pressure checks
- Flu vaccine Fall term
- Loan service for crutches, wheelchair
- Educational programming
- Wellness coaching
- Free condoms
- Annual Health Fair
- Free STD Testing (twice monthly)
- Free services from Thomas Young, MD, Tuesdays from 1-5 PM in the Health and Wellness Center
- Nurse Practitioner Visits for STD, UTI, and Birth Control concerns (monthly); bring insurance card
All information discussed in the nurse's office is CONFIDENTIAL and will not be disclosed without your written permission. The exceptions to confidentiality are that Idaho State Law requires health professionals must report limited information if there is a reasonable suspicion that a minor, handicapped, or elderly person is being abused; if ordered to do so in a court of law; or if a person presents a serious danger of harming themselves or others.