Transfer Students

A smooth transition

Schedule an individual visit

Whether you transfer in as a freshman, sophomore or upperclassman, we’re dedicated to helping make your transition to C of I a smooth process, enabling you to concentrate on what matters most – learning from great professors who care about your success in the classroom and in life. No matter your circumstances or what college you’re coming from, we’ll help you transfer quickly and easily without the headache and hassle of excess paperwork. Our articulation agreements with College of Southern Idaho, College of Western Idaho, Treasure Valley Community College and other nearby schools make transferring even easier.

Transfer Application Dates and Checklist

The transfer application deadline for fall semester enrollment at The College of Idaho is August 1. The transfer application deadline for spring enrollment is January 15. Please take the following steps:

    1. Contact Director of Admission, Kellen Willis to request information.
    2. Visit Campus (strongly recommended).
    3. Applying is FREE! Complete and submit an application and a personal essay. These can be submitted together or separately.
    4. Submit a letter of recommendation. This should come from someone who knows you ideally from an academic setting. Feel free to email or mail a copy to or The College of Idaho Admissions Office, 2112 Cleveland Blvd, Caldwell, ID 83605.
    5. Request an official transcript from each college you have attended to be sent directly to The College of Idaho Admission Office, 2112 Cleveland Blvd, Caldwell, ID 83605. We need a transcript from each college even if a college includes courses you took at another college on a transcript. If you prefer not to have a transcript mailed, we will accept a transcript that a college gives you in a sealed envelope if you give it to us still sealed. Regionally accredited colleges in Idaho and Treasure Valley Community College may fax your official transcript to: Registrar's Office, fax 208-459- 5415. We do not accept faxed official transcripts from any other colleges.
    6. Please ask your high school to mail us your official transcript (ideally with ACT/SAT scores). If the school seals it an envelope and you give it to us still sealed that is official.
    7. If you earned your GED, please submit your official GED scores.
    8. Official ACT or SAT scores are needed only if both: a) you will enroll fewer than 3 years after graduating from high school and b) the C of I will not accept at least 28 credits.
    9. If you have not taken an ACT or SAT standardized test or earned at least a "C" in a 100 level (or higher) college or university math course, please call the Admission Office at (208) 459-5305 to schedule a free math placement test.
    10. Complete and submit the FAFSA form.
    11. If you plan to continue in one of the following extra-curricular areas, we encourage you to apply for a talent scholarship. Talent scholarships are for sports, art, theatre, music, campus ministries and debate.
    12. To receive the automatic annual scholarship for PTK members, if you're a PTK member, please contact PTK. You can sort their directory by Title and ask a Key Services Associate to email verification that you are a PTK member. If you're in a community college but are not a PTK member, you can find out if your college has a PTK chapter and how to join it if you are eligible (e.g., by searching your college's website for PTK).
    13. Pay your $300 deposit. The sooner you deposit, the higher priority you have to register for courses and the more likely you are to receive your housing preferences (if you will be living on campus). Deposits for fall term are refundable until May 1. Your deposit will be applied to your student education expenses. Your deposit is due prior to attending an orientation. You may pay your deposit:
      1. Online,
      2. Mail a check to Admission Office, The College of Idaho, 2112 Cleveland Blvd., Caldwell, ID 83605, or
      3. In person, on campus.

      For questions about payment, you are welcome to contact the Business Office.

    14. Registration for orientation is available to accepted students only. Please contact your admission counselor for details on important steps to complete prior to attending an orientation.

Questions? Click here to contact your Admissions Counselor.

 Transferring College Credits

The College’s PEAK curriculum is designed to help you pursue your passions and develop the versatility and confidence to succeed today and in the years to come. It’s easy to transfer credits - The College of Idaho accepts up to 70 transfer credits from accredited community colleges and up to 94 transfer credits from accredited four-year colleges and universities.

  • Students who transfer to the College with junior standing (60 to 89 semester credits) will graduate with one major and one minor.
  • Students who transfer to the College with sophomore standing (28 to 59 semester credits) will graduate with one major and two minors.
  • Students who transfer to the College with Freshman standing (fewer than 28 credits) will graduate with one major and three minors.

Articulation Agreements

College of Southern Idaho:
College of Western Idaho:
North Idaho College:
Treasure Valley Community College:
Spokane Community College: