You can support the Museum by volunteering, contributing gifts-in-kind, making a financial gift or by shopping in our gift shop.
Ways to Support the Museum
If you would like to make a monetary contribution to the Museum, click here to contribute via the College's donation page. In the Designate Your Gift section please indicate the "Orma J. Smith Museum of Natural History". If you want your donation used for a specific purpose please indicate that as well.
The Museum also welcomes donations of supplies and other items. Please contact Museum Director Bill Clark if you would like to contribute specimens.
Examples of Museum Needs
- Special printer for labels inside vials with samples in ethanol ($5,000)
- Exhibit case for African Leopard ($11,000)
- Digital camera for our Leica microscope ($4,000)
- Badger exhibit (we're about halfway to our goal, and still need $2,000.)
- Library software
- 8.5 x 11" photo frames ($10 each, many needed)
- Enoz brand moth balls (by Willert Home Products), which contain a specific chemical needed to preserve entomology collections ($5 per box, many needed)
- Silicone sealant (two to five tubes, $3 to $5 per tube)
- Water alarms (The Watchdog Water Alarm, Model #BWD-HWA) ($12 each, can use up to ten alarms)
- Elmer's glue (all sizes)
- Office supplies (various)