May 16 through June 24, 2022
- Daytime: W-F 9:00-4:00
- Evenings: by appointment
The planetarium will be closed from July 29th-August 31st
All shows starting after 4:00 p.m. are charged evening rates and will be scheduled on an individual basis. Please contact the Planetarium for more information.
Upcoming Planetarium Event Dates
- Friday, April 29th, 7:00pm 50th Anniversary of Apollo 16
- Friday, May 6th, 7:00pm 50th Anniversary of Apollo 16
- Saturday, June 4th, 4:00pm & 7:00pm Storyteller Jim Cogan
Field Trips to the Planetarium
Timeline: All group visits must be finalized one week before your visit.
Capacity: There are 44 fixed seats and two wheelchair-designated spaces in the Planetarium.
Daytime (9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. start time)
- $130–60 minutes
- $100--45 minutes
- $75--30 minutes
Evenings (4:30-7:30 start time),
- $120--45 minutes
- $100--30 minutes
Contact Information: Please schedule your field trip through email by contacting the Planetarium.
Accessibility Please let us know if you have special needs in the Planetarium as we are limited to two designated spaces for wheelchair seating and extra time is needed to enter the Planetarium through the platform lift for handicapped access.
Ages & Topics
- The Planetarium can be used effectively as a tool in a variety of disciplines — science (earth science, astronomy), social studies (history, navigation, cultural topics), and English (storytelling, mythology) — and the program can be adjusted to fit your needs/interests.
- Shows generally begin with a tour of the night sky—a few constellations and the locations of the visible planets, moon, and sun. Depending upon the show length, other topics can be added. Here are suggestions (all adjusted for age level):
- Pre-K through 2nd grade: Nursery Rhyme show (30 minute show recommended)
- 2nd grade and up: Tour of the Solar System (or focus on a specific planet(s))
- 2nd grade and up: Phases of the Moon
- 3rd grade and up: Earth’s Place in the Universe
- 5th grade and up: Seasons;
- 7th grade and up: Seasonal skies: Circumpolar Motion; Navigation
- 8th grade and up: Zodiacal constellations
- If you have very specific topics that might require extra planning on our part please contact us as soon as you have scheduled your group.