Organization and Purpose
Documents on this page are grouped according to topics related to grants, grant writing and grant administration. In general, there are four types of documents available:
- Procedures and explanations
- Training materials
The main areas of emphasis include effort reporting, responsible conduct of research (RCR), financial conflict of interest (FCOI) for federally funded research, government notices concerning research policies and grants, and general information about the College for grant applications.
Below are links to important grant-related notices, updates and guides. Files that are too large or otherwise do not conform to C of I's posting standards are accessible through links below. Forms and documents should be viewed and completed in Adobe Acrobat Reader. Use of forms in browser or operating system preview applications is not recommended.
Please note that all Institutional data included in grant applications must be approved or generated by Institutional Research.
The Grant Proposal Authorization Form (AF) starts the grant application process and helps identify potential alternative sources of support. The AF helps plan for any impacts of the proposed grant on institutional resources. It also serves as the Short Form for certain types of fellowship and grant applications (details on form).
The Grant Proposal Submission Form(PSF) requires the approval of the VPAA, VPFO and for institutional grants, signature of the College President. The PSF also includes assurances regarding human subjects, animal use, biohazards, conflict of interest and other concerns.
- NIH Frequently Asked Questions on resubmission
- NEH Administration of Challenge Grants
- NSF 17-1 Proposal and Award Policies and Procedures Guide (PDF)
Forms and Documents
- Principal Investigator Eligibility Policy
- Proposal Authorization Form (AF) and Short Form
- Grant Proposal Submission Form (PSF)
- Grant Approvals and Submissions Checklist
- Academic Leave of Absence (ALOA) for Faculty Policy
- Academic Leave of Absence for Faculty Procedures
- Useful Information about R15 Grants
- Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) Financial Conflict of Interest Final Rule
- Federal Demonstration Partnership (FDP) Risk Assessment Questionnaire
- Federal Demonstration Partnership (FDP) Subaward Agreement Forms
- National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) Challenge Grant Administration Guide
- National Institutes of Health Sponsored Research Travel Policy Clarification
- National Science Foundation (NSF) Revised Merit Review Criteria
- National Science Foundation (NSF) Agency Specific Requirements
- National Science Foundation (NSF) Prior Approval Requirements Matrix
- National Science Foundation (NSF) Revised Cost Sharing Policy Frequently Asked Questions
- Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Request for Advance or Reimbursement Standard Form 270