Students taking examinations through the Office of Accessibility & Learning Excellence must comply with The College of Idaho Honor Code.
*NOTE: During the test, each student will be monitored to ensure academic integrity. If a student is caught cheating, the test will be taken away, and the professor will be contacted immediately.
Students may only have the materials the instructor has given written permission to use during the examination. Leave all textbooks, materials, backpacks, coats, and cell phones with the exam proctor.
Students will ordinarily not be permitted to use the restroom during the examination. If a student must use a restroom, the exam proctor will escort the student.
If a student uses the accommodation of taking breaks during exams, all breaks outside of the testing room will be monitored by the exam proctor.
If for some reason the student cannot take the exam at the scheduled time, he or she must contact the Director of Accessibility & Learning Excellence. The student is responsible for notifying the professor(s) if an examination needs to be rescheduled. To schedule exams outside of class time, students must receive permission from the professor.
If a student is late for a scheduled exam, that amount of time will be subtracted from the total allotted test-taking time. For example, if a student is 15 minutes late for a scheduled examination, then those 15 minutes will be subtracted from the total allotted test-taking time.
In the case of inclement weather, the student and professor will contact the Director of Accessibility & Learning Excellence to reschedule the examination.
1. Students will fill-out the online Testing Accommodation Form one week prior to the exam date. Click here to see form.
2. Director of Accessibility & Learning Excellence will receive the students’ Testing Accommodation request and schedule the exam in the Testing Accommodation Calendar.
3. Director of Accessibility & Learning Excellence will email the professor their link to the Testing Accommodation Form and a request for the exam.
4. Professors will fill-out the online Testing Accommodation Form. Click here to see form.
5. Director of Accessibility & Learning Excellence will receive the examination and the Professor Testing Accommodation Form, at least 24 hours prior to the time of administration, to file in a secure location until the exam.
6. Students will come to the Department of Accessibility & Learning Excellence to sign in, utilize the testing facility, and turn in exams. This is located in the PEAK center in Hendren Hall.
7. Professors will receive the finished exam either by delivery at the end of the day or by pick-up in the Department of Accessibility & Learning Excellence.
The College of Idaho supports students taking online courses who may need a local Testing Facility to proctor exams. There are three steps to register to take an exam from another institution at the College of Idaho in our Testing Facility:
Step 1: Fill out the Student Proctoring Services Form by clicking here.
Step 2: Receive confirmation email from the Director of Accessibility & Learning Excellence.
Step 3: Pay the $25 proctor fee by clicking here.
The Testing Facility is open 8 A.M. – 5 P.M. Monday through Friday, unless other times are arranged with the Director of Accessibility & Learning Excellence. Please do not schedule times outside of the hours of operation.
Any questions or concerns should be directed to:
Natalie Davison, MS, CRC
Director of Accessibility & Learning Excellence
Email: [email protected]