Skip to main content

Returning Students

Welcome Back!

We're excited that you'd like to return to the College of Idaho! In order to re-enroll you'll need to complete, verify, or know the following.

  • Complete and submit the Returning Student Application and return it to Admission.
  • Ask all colleges from which you took courses after you left The College of Idaho to send your official transcript as soon as possible. Mailed transcripts can be sent to the address below, you may hand-deliver an intact and sealed envelope containing your transcript or we can accept electronic transcripts directly from the sending institution. We need a separate transcript from each college you want us to evaluate, even if the transfer credits are shown on a different college’s transcript.
  • Check that you do not have any holds on your account by contacting the Business Office. Any holds must be resolved before we can re-admit you.
  • If you have an active Leave of Absence (LOA) from the College complete a scholarship renewal application and return it to Admission.
  • If you do not have an active Leave of Absence, complete the regular scholarship application and return it to Admission.
  • Complete and submit the FAFSA if you want to apply for any financial aid. Our school code is 001617. Non-degree seeking students are not eligible for financial aid.
  • Students who are not currently enrolled may not register themselves for classes. After you are accepted our Advising Office will contact you to discuss which courses to take.
  • If you plan to take independent study, complete the independent study form at Registrar’s Office before you register.
  • If you have been accepted and we have all final official transcripts you may register after priority registration has ended.
  • Complete the Community Living Agreement as soon as possible if you plan to live on-campus. If you have questions about housing please contact Residence Life.
  • On the first day of the term, stop by the Mail Center in McCain to get your mailbox key and Campus Safety in Hendren to get your ID card.

When sending information in the mail please make sure the first line of the address is the department name, like Admission or Registrar. Our mailing address is:

The College of Idaho
2112 Cleveland Blvd
Caldwell ID 83605

Students with Bachelor's Degrees

Students who already have a Bachelor’s degree are not eligible for College merit or need-based aid, nor are they eligible for federal grants. Degree-seeking students are still eligible for federal loans unless they’ve taken more than 150% of the credits needed to graduate.


If you already provided immunization documentation you do not have to do so again. To check what immunization records we have on file, and to find out if you are missing any required immunizations, please contact Counseling & Health Services.

Enrollment Deposits

You paid a deposit when you first became a student, so you don’t have to pay a deposit when you return.

Course Registration and New Student Orientation

After your return application has been accepted you may speak with your advisor to decide which courses best fit your areas of study. The Registrar's Office can help locate your advisor if you're not sure who they are. Once any official transcripts you submit have been received you can work with your advisor to register. Returning students are eligible to register after priority registration ends for current students.

If you would like to attend an orientation session again please contact your admission counselor to register. You are not required to attend orientation as a returning student.