Whether you transfer in as a freshman, sophomore or upperclassman, we’re dedicated to helping make your transition to C of I a smooth process, enabling you to concentrate on what matters most — learning from great professors who care about your success in the classroom and in life. No matter your circumstances or what college you’re coming from, we’ll help you transfer quickly and easily without the headache and hassle of excess paperwork.
Transfer Application Checklist
Transferring to another school can seem like a daunting task, but if you follow these easy steps you'll be on the right track to enroll at one of the best colleges in the West.
- Visit campus.
- Complete and submit an application.
- Submit a letter of recommendation. This should come from someone who knows you academically, and it can be attached to your application.
- Request an official transcript from each college you have attended to be sent directly to our Admission office. We need a transcript from each individual college even if a transcript includes courses you took at a different college.
- Ask your high school to mail us your official transcript (ideally with ACT/SAT scores).
- Official ACT or SAT scores are required only if both: a) you will enroll fewer than 3 years after graduating from high school and b) the C of I will not accept at least 28 transfer credits.
- Complete and submit the FAFSA.
- If you plan to participate in athletics, art, theatre, music, campus ministries or debate, we encourage you to apply for a talent scholarship.
- Phi Theta Kappa members can receive an automatic annual scholarship. Please submit Proof of Membership with your application or to your admission counselor. If you're interested in joining PTK, you can find out if your college has a PTK advisor and contact them for information about joining.
- Pay your $300 deposit. The sooner you deposit, the higher priority you have to register for courses and the more likely you are to receive your housing preferences. Your deposit will be applied to your student education expenses and must be paid prior to attending an orientation.
- Registration for orientation is available to deposited students only. Please contact your admission counselor for details on important additional steps to complete prior to attending an orientation and to register.