February 1, 2019
- Speaking of guest appearances, College of Idaho History Professor Mark Smith was a guest of Salt and Light TV to promote his new book, "The Final Days of Jesus: The Thrill of Defeat, The Agony of Victory: A Classical Historian Explores Jesus’s Arrest, Trial, and Execution."
- The City Club of Boise welcomed our Co-Presidents, Doug Brigham and Jim Everett, to talk about our model of collaborative leadership at a challenging time in education.
- Professor Chris Walser and 10 College of Idaho students spent their winter term studying over 120 different species of birds, hiking in the Cockscomb Jaguar Reserve, and also learning about fish ecology and threats to coral reef systems.
- Kasey Allen '15, co-owner of STIL, celebrated the grand opening of a new location in January, with a third location coming soon!
Jill Twedt '01 has been promoted to general counsel at Boise Cascade and she also currently serves as corporate secretary. She holds a B.A. in political science from The College of Idaho and is a current member of the College's Board of Trustees.
- Former Trustee George Juetten has joined the Board for The Idaho Community Foundation. Juetten and his wife, Sondra, recently made a generous gift to The College of Idaho to establish the Joe Golden Scholarship in music and theatre.
- The College of Idaho welcomed one of its largest freshman classes ever in 2018, highlighted by a record number of international students.
- Events and celebrations of the birth of Dr. Martin Luther King, Junior, earned local media attention.
- So did "Fighting Bob," a resident at the Orma J. Smith Museum of Natural History.
- Matt Meyers, at the age of 28, has been a big addition to the nationally-ranked College of Idaho men's basketball team.