The College of Idaho requires all full-time students to have health insurance. A fee for student health insurance is included in fees collected by the Business Office unless the student can show proof of comparable, ACA-compliant coverage through their parent’s policy, a spouse’s coverage, or through employment.
Student health insurance information for the 2023/2024 academic year can be viewed at www.uhcsr.com/collegeofidaho.
To be eligible to waive the school-sponsored health insurance plan, your individual private plan:
- Must be provided by a company licensed to do business in the United States, with a U.S. claims payment office and a U.S. phone number
- Must be valid for services rendered in the State of Idaho
- Must be affordable care act (ACA) compliant
- Must be active and maintained for health insurance coverage from August 15, 2023 through August 14, 2024
- Must provide coverage for prescription drugs
- If you are a student-athlete, your plan must not be one of the following:
- Kaiser or similar out-of-state HMO
- Out-of-state Medicaid plan
- Medishare plan
- Health Sharing plan
- International insurance plan
The deadline for students enrolled for Fall 2023 who have individual primary coverage through a qualifying source was September 6, 2023. New and transfer students joining the College in the spring of 2024 will have a separate waiver period beginning in December 2023.
VOLUNTARY DENTAL PLAN: Our student health insurance provider will be offering a separate voluntary plan that interested students can voluntarily purchase at their own expense. Once information is available, it will be provided via an email to all student’s Yotes account.
If you have questions regarding insurance coverage, please contact Natalie Ringgenberg, HR Coordinator, at [email protected] or 208-459-5099.
If your question is about whether or not your current insurance qualifies for the insurance waiver, please contact Nancy Johnson-Cassulo, HR Director, at [email protected] or 208.459.5680.