The College of Idaho requires all full-time students to have health insurance. A fee for student health insurance is included in fees collected by the Business Office unless the student can show proof of comparable coverage through their parent's policy, a spouse's coverage, or through employment.
For student health insurance information for 2021-22, go to Aetna Student Health.
- Students wishing to waive participation in The College of Idaho’s student health insurance plan can do so by completing the online waiver form. You will need your 7 digit College of Idaho Student ID Number (ex: 0629111) and your current insurance information to complete this process.
- To be eligible to waive the school-sponsored health insurance plan, your individual private plan:
- Must be provided by a company licensed to do business in the United States, with a U.S. claims payment office and a U.S. phone number
- Must be valid for services rendered in the State of Idaho
- Must be affordable care act (ACA) compliant.
- Must be active and maintained for health insurance coverage through the entire 2021/2022 policy year (8/15/2021 – 8/14/2022.)
- Must provide coverage for prescriptions drugs.
- If you are a student-athlete, your plan must not be one of the following:
- Kaiser or similar out-of-state HMO
- Medishare plan
- Health Sharing plan
- International Insurance plan
- You will have until 9/15/2021 to waive the student insurance. You will receive an email confirmation from Aetna once your waiver has been reviewed and approved. Your student account balance will be adjusted, within 3-5 business days of your waiver submission being reviewed and approved.
NEW THIS YEAR: our student health insurance provider, Aetna Student Health, will be offering a separate voluntary dental plan that interested students can voluntarily purchase directly through Aetna at their own expense. To learn more about or to enroll in this voluntary coverage, please visit www.aetnastudenthealth.com/collegeofidaho and choose the enroll/waive option.